Thursday, February 3, 2011

Kindle



We've never been early adopters. In fact, we typically get on the bandwagon about the fourth for fifth generation. Last year when we discovered this new device called the Ipod (wink), we were over the moon. How did we ever travel without them? Screaming kids on plane, no problem! Annoying loud gym talkers at 5:30 a.m., piece of cake!

We each bought a Kindle last month and while that somebody person loves it, I have yet to fully embrace the reader and give up on books. While it's great to lay in bed and buy a book in less than 2 minutes, I miss holding a real book in my hands ... the smell of the pages, the cover photos, checking to see how much of the book is left to wrap up the story ... it's not the same to see a % at the bottom of the screen ... I need the visual. I think I'll keep my Kindle on reserve for traveling when you want the variety of several books without the hassle of actually taking multiple books on the plane. Meanwhile, that somebody person is on his fourth book in less than a month ... unreal for someone who typically considers himself a slow reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment