Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's The Little Things


I have a friend at work who organizes several volunteer activities a month. She and a friend were hosting a family day on January 13th for low income migrant workers in our area. The day was to center around learning activities while also spending quality time together. There was a first aid station, a crafting table, family portraits and cooking classes available. I participated by donating 2 bags of yarn for the crafting table.

When I arrived at work the following day, she presented me with these adorable cards that some of the kids had made for me. It literally brought a tear to my eye when I read their sweet little notes inside. 2011 is the year for me to volunteer again. I took last year off and am realizing how much I miss it.


Life's most persistent and urgent question is, "What are you doing for other's?" - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment